What are your roses?

iVillage Member
What are your roses?
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 11:48am
With the difficulties we face, it's also important to recognize the good things in our lives. Recovery can be very overwhelming at times, and it can be difficult to live in the moment.

What are some of the good things in your life right now? Here's an opportunity to "stop and smell the roses." No matter how small, each good thing is something that can lift our hearts.

Love to all, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 6:57pm
I'll be the first to admit that "smelling the roses" is something I'm having difficulty with at the moment! So maybe this will help me. I'm in a state of depression and it's hard to feel like anything is very good right now.

The roses in my life right now are a supportive husband and our two children, all of whom I adore! My husband is understanding of what I'm going through and doesn't rail on me about what I don't get done (which right now is a LOT). My kids are good kids, and I love watching them grow and mature.

Some other roses. . . .hmmmmm. . .

This board, and others that I post on! They've been a lifeline, for sure. Helps me feel like I'm not alone and that what I'm going through is "normal," under the circumstances.

Movies! Been watching a lot lately. I watched the Royal Tenenbaums last night for the first time and about died laughing at the end. It's really quirky and the humor is REALLY different, but it really appealed to me. My husband thought I had lost my mind (he wasn't watching it) when I couldn't stop laughing for about 15 minutes!

A good therapist. I'm totally comfortable with her and can be completely honest. She is extremely insightful and very real. It's like Christmas for me when I have my appointments, seriously.

I know I have more but I'm not "feeling" them at the moment. So I'll leave it at that.

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2003 - 11:14am
My family- Especially my great niece who is 4 1/2. Also my animals. My 2 birds, my gerbil and my bunny. Andrea
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2003 - 2:13pm
My son and the internet i guess.