I haven't been here in a long time....

iVillage Member
I haven't been here in a long time....
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 12:50pm
Umm... I apologize that I don't really participate in talking much here. And I wish I could give support to others, but I never know what to say. I guess this area can be to hard soemtimes.

But I am here for a reason. I keep seeing the man. He is in the same store whenever I am there. Now I fear going into stores. I hate this. And I even fear my big brother. I fear something "else" happened. God, even the freaking RCMP think i have symtoms that something else happened,.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 10:25pm
Hi Kristina,

Glad you're back; don't feel bad about not knowing what to say to others; it can be a hard thing to know what to say, especially when you're dealing with your own issues.

My first thought was to ask whether you have told your parents that you are seeing him more. I can't remember this from your first post, but do they know what happened to you? Why you wanted to kill yourself, self-injure, etc? The fear of your older brother could just be that because of this other guys you are afraid of men in general.

You definitely need to tell your parents what is going on and how you are feeling so that they can take steps to protect you. Please let us know what you do and how things are.

Hugs, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2003 - 12:46am
Hi hun, we have not chatted before but i needed to respond. First most of us can post and be of support to others because we are much removed from the situation. It does not sound like you are safe yet so it's hard to help others when things are still so scary. Please don't wory abput it from your profile it indicated you are still quite young, don't pressure yourself needlessly. These places are for you to come and feel safe, kinda like a church; you only have to give if you can afford to.

I agrree with the other post it could be just that the fear of men is great or it could be more. I know the RCMP thnk my father is likely to have tried on more than me. Speaking of RCMP if you have talked to them have they referred you to Victims Services? You should talk with them if you have not already, they are a big help.

Are you in therepy? I obviously don't know the exact nature of what happened but are you seeing a therepist? I'd very much like to help if i could, i worry that you are not safe and could use (and deserve) more help than you are getting. If theres' any place i know how to find help it beautiful BC caada so if i can ever be of service please let me know.

Take Care & Stay Safe,

Danielle.