Getting to Know You--Five Questions!

iVillage Member
Getting to Know You--Five Questions!
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 5:31pm
1. What is your favorite flower?

2. What is your favorite season of the year? Why?

3. What Disney character do you like the best? Why?

4. What would your dream house look like?

5. What is the first thing you think of when I say this word: Candle?

I wish everyone a nice weekend and look forward to your answers! Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 7:19pm

I don't like roses I'm allergic. Seems unfeminine to dislike roses but when your eyes swell up and your itchy all over it's hard to like anything. LOL! But I love those wacky colored daisies... They call them CRAZY DAISIES at the supermarket. I know they dye them so they probably don't count as a real flower. A real flower- I like those orange and purple tropical flowers... I think they are called Flower of paradise?

2. What is your favorite season of the year? Why? I love Fall, especially when it starts to get crisp and you can drive with the windows down and the leaves are all changing to bright colors and all you wanna do is sing at the top of your voice some hokey John Denver song about love and nature and roll around in the leaves. LOL! It's exillerating to me more than spring or summer.

3. What Disney character do you like the best? Why? I like Belle. She is nice, pretty, SMART, and she still gets her Prince... and she could see beyond the ugliness to the person inside, a value that I treasure.

4. What would your dream house look like? It would either be a yacht you could live on and go anywhere in. Or it would be a hi-rise condo over looking ocean in Santa Monica. Since I'm dreaming... can I have both? LOL!

5. What is the first thing you think of when I say this word: Candle? Wind.

~ G

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 9:00pm

I guess I would have to say mums. They are so pretty when all the rest of the flowers have died off.

Fall is my favorite time of the year, hands down! I love the cool air and the beauty of the leaves as they change color. I also find it easier to breath when there is not so much humidity!

???? can't come up with an answer to this one for some reason!

I want to live in a two story log cabin with a porch that wraps completely around. I want a pond behind the house, with a deck that overlooks the pond.

Happy Birthday!!

Katy

~~~~~Katy~~~~~

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 10:44pm
1. Favorite flower - Daisies.

2. Favorite season, why? Spring. All the trees and grasses turning green. The different shades of green leaves on the trees as they return to life. The return of hummingbirds, the baby birds and the daffodils popping through.

3. Disney character. why? Dopey, I don't know.

4. Dream House. Small house in the mountains. In the woods, far from roads, so I can't hear cars. Screened porch on the back with swing. River back there. No close neighbors. Kitchen with slate floors and lots of room for cooking. Maid for cleaning up, though. Huge bedroom, with a big stuffy chair for reading in.

5. Like a candle in the wind (Can you hear the tune???)

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2003 - 11:23pm
Fave flower: hmmm i tend to favor green foliage mostly but if i have to give one it would have to be something small and delicate like violets.

Fave season: summer-it's warm, there's more sunlight and more hope.

Fave Disney character: tinkerbell.

My dream house would look like a cottage with ivy sheltering the porch and wrapping the house.

Candle=Fire.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2003 - 2:32am
My answers!

1. What is your favorite flower? Pansies, with lilacs running a verrrry close second.

2. What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Fall. I love the cool weather, the smells, shuffling through the fallen leaves, the holidays. My favorite time for scented candles.

3. What Disney character do you like the best? Why? Sleeping Beauty. I've been enchanted with her since I was a little girl. That movie was so beautifully done; gothic beauty and grace.

4. What would your dream house look like? Kind of like an old English cottage, in the mountains by a lake.

5. What is the first thing you think of when I say this word: Candle? Warmth and comfort. Snuggled up in a cozy chair with a book.

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2003 - 10:20am
1. What is your favorite flower? Roses. Red long stemmed for love.

2. What is your favorite season of the year? Why? Fall. Football and holiday seasons. No humidty. I love opening the doors and windows and enjoy the coolness.

3. What Disney character do you like the best? Why? Winnie the Pooh. Hes so big and fat to cuddle with. I love cuddling. Hes just a pure sign of innocence except when it comes to his honey. ;-)

4. What would your dream house look like? Plantation style with a wrap around porch with rokers and swings overlooking the river or the gulf. I love the Antebellum Period. Plantation homes are beautiful.

5. What is the first thing you think of when I say this word: Candle? Romance. Light up the room and enjoy.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2003 - 10:36am

Crocus, those little buggers are the first sign of spring and they're such a welcome relief since I'm not a fan of winter.

Fall. Gotta agree with Ariche on this one, it's b/c of football and the cool, dry air wafting through the open windows. ("Wafting", lol, Heidi, you caught me in a poetic mood.)

I'm gettin' nothin' on this one. Actually Disney was what we watched every Sunday when we went to my grandparents' house for dinner. Guess I've tagged too many negative feelings toward that.

My dream vacation home is a log cabin on a mountain stream. My dream family home is what I'm looking to find now that I've sold this house. I see warm, inviting cottage-style home with an awesome Architectural Digest kitchen and baths. I also want my own suite where I can walk out to my own deck.

Matches, where did I put the matches? LOL

**gentle hugs**