kill myself

can someone pleaseeeeeeeeee helppppppp me

very sad

catherine

iVillage Member
In reply to: silentscream1963
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 8:43pm
Hi Catherine,

I'm sorry you are so sad. It's hard, to feel that badly, but just remember to breathe, and know that it WILL get better. Please take care of yourself.

Deb

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2003 - 9:31pm
I'm am sorry you are suffering right now. I know it may feel permanent but the only thing that is truly permanent is killing yourself. Hang in there! Try calling a local crisis line and see if they can offer you any options in your local area. Sometimes it's just nice to hear a human voice that cares. I call my local crisis line often enough they should know my voice by now. Sending good vibes your way! ~G
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 10:19am
Hi Catherine. I'm sorry you're going through a tough time right now. I think most of us here understand because we've been there before.

Do you do any inner child work? I'm wondering if there's an inner child inside of you who is in pain right now, and perhaps that's why you're feeling so overwhelmed? Just a thought. Keep posting here. You're not alone!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2003 - 1:33pm
Hi Catherine,

Remember we are here for you. I'm sorry you are going through this again. Keep Jim close to you and other people or activities that can help keep you safe. We care about you.

Love, Heidi

HeidiRose

co-cl, Sexual Abuse Healing Board

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 6:12pm
hi free

what do u mean inner child mean, i have a mental

age of 10 yo, is that what u mean.

catherine

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 7:08pm
I don't know that I can define it exactly, but I can tell you what it is for me. For me, when I talk about my inner child, I'm talking about a part of me from a long time ago that is often holding onto old ideas, beliefs, fears, etc . . . which don't necessarily pertain to my life situation today. For example, I mentioned in another post that my new landlord makes me nervous. This is not because of anything he has said or done. He's been very friendly, courteous, and just very nice. Yet I still feel nervous because my inner child has a fear of middle aged men with beards. I think that if this got to be a big enough problem for me, I would try to work with this inner child and get her to understand that this fear/anxiety is hurting me now and that it's not pertininent for me today.

What do you mean by saying you have a mental age of 10? Is this the kind of thing you're talking about?

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2003 - 7:25pm
Hi sweetie. I understand the pain that you're going through. I know that so many people here understand the pain. You know, I had the same thoughts just two weeks ago. And there was no one there to help me (besides the people from this board). I couldn't find the help I needed. However, I didn't call Suicide Hotline.

And I would hope that you would reach out to the people here, or the people from Suicide Hotline or the Rape Crisis Centre to help you if you're not receiving the help that you need. There are people here who truly care. This board included.

I know you don't know me, but I do wish you the very best. Please call someone & don't get stuck with your thoughts. I think that's the most important thing. It's very easy to get stuck w/ your thoughts, which can be so painful.

Love & hugs, & PLEASE call someone if it has come to this point.

Next week could be better than you ever imagined. That happened to me. And it TOTALLY shocked me. PLEASE know that as difficult as things are right now, next week can be so much better. TOMORROW can be so much better. PLEASE take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Callie