Sorry - Long - but *need* support!

iVillage Member
Sorry - Long - but *need* support!
Sat, 09-20-2008 - 9:37pm

Okay, guys, since my dad is here for the weekend I don't have alot of time for the board, so you get to find out more about me in bits and pieces.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2008 - 9:53pm

Dear Misty

I'm not sure what to say. I consider myself a christian too, but in the eyes of the church I will surely go to hell if I don't ask to be saved because my sexual orientation is Lesbian. I didn't choose to be born that way and I don't ask God to fix me because I don't think he made a mistake. My God is kind and loving and accepts me as I am. I DO live a christian life. I treat people with kindness and love. I do my best to help when my help is needed. I don't engage in rumor or racism and I try to live up to the standards that God would hope of me. I'm not perfect, I don't attend church, but I believe in God. MY only way into heaven is being the very best person I can be in this life. I KNOW that I won't be going to hell because I have already lived it right here on earth.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 12:25am

Sue,

I am so sorry.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 3:26am

Hi Misty,

I'm sorry going to this service is so distressing for you. How much have you worked on this issue with your therapist?

It sounds as though you're doing what you can to settle yourself but I have one little suggestion. It's called dominant/non-dominant handwriting. Please understand I'm coming from the belief that we have inner parts who have been stuck in the past and hold a lot of our traumas. IMO that's why we can know things in our adult minds yet still find ourselves emotionally stuck. So anyway, d/nd handwriting is a technique where our adult Self can communicate with the struggling child part. Or more to the point, where our adult Self can listen and understand our inner parts' feelings.

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 8:16am

Being a recovering catholic myself, and now a commited atheist, I cannot do the whole praying thing for you. Offering you all my positive thoughts and good wishes though. I hope you can do what is right and comfortable for you.

Rubie x

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 8:34am

Hi Misty,

I hope that you were able to get some rest last night and that everything goes well for you this morning.

Possible triggers...

I read your post and it really struck a chord with me so I thought I would offer you my thoughts and prayers.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 1:52pm
Misty, I hope you were able to go to churh with little anxiety.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 6:01pm

I am so, so, sorry.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 6:30pm
Misty Honey, I am sorry that you are feeling attacked, I thought the other ladies hear gave you some great advice and even though my message certainly did not say it, and I apologize, I certainly felt your pain and anxiety and in my total lack of sleep said it in the wrong way... I wanted you to know that I understand the hell we have all had to live through. I wasn't home today so didn't see the rest of this thread until now, or I would have responded to your message back to me immediately. And YEAH you ARE accepted here, we all have a right to be who we are.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 6:36pm
please accept my apology. I have to admit that I was triggered and responded to a trigger without thought. I was remiss and I am truly sorry.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-21-2008 - 7:48pm

Hi Misty,

YOU GO GIRL!

Pages