First Day of Autumn - Question

iVillage Member
First Day of Autumn - Question
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 10:46am

Good morning all,

Since today is the official first day of fall, I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1. What is the weather like where you live today?

2. What activities do you look forward to the most in the fall?

3. What food says "fall" most to you?

4. Were you involved in any fall sports in high school and/or college?

5. Do you have a fall birthday? If so, when is it (maybe we'll surprise you, lol)?
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 12:18pm

Good morning Gail :)

1. What is the weather like where you live today? Beautiful! It's sunny and crisp, all the leaves are turning colour. Blue blue sky, cool breeze. Just gorgeous. I love Autumn!
  2. What activities do you look forward to the most in the fall? Guy Fawkes Night! love it love it! This year, we're going to a Nov 5th Bonfire party on the common. Yay! I also love Halloween, and the cider and folk festival in the village just over from ours.
  3. What food says "fall" most to you? Pumpkin pie. Yum. And baked potatoes.
  4. Were you involved in any fall sports in high school and/or college? I played hockey and netball at high school.
  5. Do you have a fall birthday? If so, when is it (maybe we'll surprise you, lol)? Nope, I have a Christmastime birthday, I think that counts as Winter rather than fall?

Rubie x

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 2:43pm

What is the weather like where you live today?

I'm outside NYC and it's beautiful here today.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 2:44pm

The sky is a little hazy and I think it's going to be about 82 degrees today. Some of the trees are beginning to change. I heard we're going to have a beautiful fall this year b/c we had so much rain this spring. I sure hope they're right.

1. What activities do you look forward to the most in the fall?

Fall is full of great activities around here. We had our big balloon race this past weekend, there's the St. Louis Wine Festival and the Taste of St. Louis this coming weekend and I'm hoping my daughter snags some tickets for her university's football game.

1. What food says "fall" most to you?

Oh Rubie, you're right. Pumpkin pie is a definite fall treat. Another one for me is chicken and dumplings when the weather turns really cold.

1. Were you involved in any fall sports in high school and/or college?

I played field hockey in high school and went to practically every high school football game.

1. Do you have a fall birthday? If so, when is it (maybe we'll surprise you, lol)?
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 4:11pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 6:22pm

1. What is the weather like where you live today? Nice--sunny but cool.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 7:02pm

Hi,

What is the weather like where you live today?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2008 - 10:23pm

Today was about 70 degrees with a bit of rain earlier. This evening the humidity climbed so we're back to AC as we can't to be hot at night.

2. What activities do you look forward to the most in the fall?

I love going to the pumpkin patch and apple orchard with my son and husband. I love making jack-o-lanterns. I love taking my son trick-or-treating. Some years I dress up too.

3. What food says "fall" most to you?

PUMPKIN