What is going on with me-poss trigger

iVillage Member
What is going on with me-poss trigger
Tue, 09-23-2008 - 4:19pm
Ok I wasn't going to bring this to the board because it isn't directly related to my SA.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2008 - 4:31pm

Hi Brenda,

I don't have any answers for you - I wish I did.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-23-2008 - 4:41pm
Thanks Kelley, I appreciate the advice.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 12:27am

Melissa, (((((Hugs)))))

I'm sorry you are still dealing with this issue.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 3:53am

Oh Brenda i can SO relate. Having to deal with any type of insurance, or disability or social security etc can be EXTREMELY triggering. I know it might sound funny (funny odd, not funny haha)

Hey I have been turned down by my state many times for disability. I am so disabled but NO ONE CARES!

More recently I have been turned down by my own state (NY) for low cost health insurance. This ins was recommended to me by my pdoc. We could HARDLY believe we were turned down.

In all of these situations I was told I have too many assets. Well EXCUSE me for NOT living in my car or on the street! I saw my nurse practitioner today and told her, she said I probably could not EVEN be living in a car. I KNOW she was being sarcastic (I think) but I have to tell you; EVERY time I have been turned down I get quite hysterical. I cry for hours non-stop! We are not working, we are not young and I am disabled. My hus gets free lance work once in a while and I have started selling my necklaces but it's only pocket money.

Brenda honey. I think I know how awful you must feel. How used, abused and taken advantage of. It REALLY stinks and I don't know what ELSE to say except that I am sending lots of love and hugs. It just feels like NO ONE CARES! My pdoc is seeing me pro bono, so I know he cares but for the rest of the world it's very awful out here! I have not had a t in almost 2 yrs now.

Have you contacted the Better Business Bureau or the Department of Consumer Affairs, I think you should. I THINK they MIGHT care. SOME ONE HAS TO CARE!

With tons of love and hugs {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 8:56pm

Brenda, you have always told us that we can post what ever we feel the need to post here, SA related of not. And I am so glad that you shared your recent events. WOW what a frustration for you. What a TRIGGER for you. I care deeply and love you and hope that you know, really know that we don't expect anything more of you here than we expect of ourselves. You dear sweet amazing woman... you don't have to be SO STRONG all the time!

Love

Sue

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 9:35pm

Wow, Brenda--I can't believe you've been going through this!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 1:19pm
Thanks to all of you for your support.