iVillage Member
In reply to: shonakinz
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 1:36pm
Photobucket

Hi Shona I'm so glad you found us.

iVillage Member
In reply to: shonakinz
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 2:51pm

(((((Shona))))) You are welcome to post anytime about whatever you need to say. Please don't feel as if you're taking away support. We've all been where you are. We're all here to support each other when we can. Sometimes we're in a place where we need the support and right then we can't give much; that is okay, we've all been there. I'm glad you found us.

I'm sorry thing are so bad. Do you have a therapist or someone else you can talk to about what's going on? Have you been in therapy or thinking about it?

I understand about the lack of privacy when you're in the hospital for mental health reasons. It's as if you don't deserve the privacy because they think you're not really sick (that's always been my impression). It makes me angry. In fact, the next time I see my psychiatrist, I'm going to talk to him about it. He's a young, new psychiatrist and he's a great listener. He'd be the type to go into the hospital and change things. I have not ever had to speak with my psychiatrist in front of others during hospital visits, but there are other lack of privacy issues that bug me. Thanks for inspiring me to do something about it! I realize that doesn't help you, and I wish I could help at all the hospitals.

I hope you'll stick around here and see that we care and can offer support to you. You are worthy of being cared about. You will be picked up here. We see you and we hear you.

Allie