Rubie is in the Hospital

iVillage Member
Rubie is in the Hospital
Sun, 11-30-2008 - 12:54pm

Rubie's friend emailed me to let me know what's been going on and wanted me to share this with all of you.

Rubie went to the family wedding last weekend and returned home Sunday feeling very upset and not doing well. She went to work on Monday and collapsed. She's been in the hospital all week fighting a serious respiratory tract and lung infection. Doctors are very concerned for her physical and mental health. She's been fighting anorexia lately and her body is very weak and not up to fighting off infections. Despite all this, she was thinking of her friends here and wanted me to post and let you know she's sending her best wishes to everyone here.

If you have messages for Rubie, please post them here and I'll collect them and forward them on to her friend to share with Rubie. The good news is that she's in the hospital being taken care of, something I've thought she needed for quite some time. I hope they can treat the infections and help her emotional well-being.

Thanks to everyone here for supporting Rubie. She's become a very special friend to me; she's such a sweetheart.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-30-2008 - 6:09pm

Allie,

I told Shannon that Rubie is hospitalized.

Leo

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2008 - 2:56pm

Allie,

Thanks for letting us know.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-01-2008 - 4:06pm
Allie, thank you so much for letting us know about Rubie.