I lose again and again and again

iVillage Member
I lose again and again and again
Wed, 12-17-2008 - 9:05pm

I'm sorry, I feel as if I just keep complaining lately...but here I go again:

Someone from my past has resurfaced: the guy who was my boss when I was in the hospital for so long 10 years ago. He was never kind about my situation, never understanding. When we moved away I decided not to tell people about being in the hospital, sexual abuse or anything about depression because no one understands. No one here knows of my past. And now this guy shows up here. I saw his name recently and knew he was working in the area. Today we ran into each other. Last week I sat crying to my therapist because this guy was around. My therapist doubted we'd even see each other. Today I was so surprised. I just shut up and had nice conversation with him and pretended nothing every happened. He's not a

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-17-2008 - 9:19pm

((((((((((((((((((((Allie)))))))))))))))))))))))

I am sorry you are having to fight for everything.

Leo

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-18-2008 - 12:44am
((((((((Allie))))))))

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:35am

Hi Allie,

I just had a thought. What if you list all the things you've lost on a piece of paper, i.e. the loss of support of your other T, the insurance company's refusal to cover medical expenses, etc., and then see if you can list out anything that you gained from these ordeals? On the positive side you might consider that the group cancellation experience gave you an opportunity to have your feelings of betrayal validated by your T or how the insurance situation is giving you a chance

**gentle hugs**