I am losing it here..

iVillage Member
I am losing it here..
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 5:59pm

I feel like the worst mom ever! i had my apt with Dr today and I felt better getting it all out he talked with my son and explained to me this is way more about me then him. That it is normal for children to experiment and as was said before children don't know something is wrong unless they are told so and its normal to be curious.

My son seems fine and unaffected by all this he understands it was wrong and we have talked and talked about this over the past few days not over doing it but gently brining things up and making sure he understands.

Well this evening we stopped by my sister inlaws and my niece asked if Casey could stay when we got ready to leave I said not tonight Hon. He had been in the other room with her and I kept my head reared to keep my eye on him. I feel almost like im thinking my son is the predator! Its making me feel all this from when my father molested me and i am feeling horrible for thinking this of my baby! and I'm trying to control my emotions and trying to stop feeling like this but here I sit downstairs trying to stop breaking down into tears as my husband and son are unaware of me feeling this upstairs! How do I make this feeling go away I hate myself for thinking of my son this way He is only 7! What kind of parent am, I!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-09-2009 - 5:24pm
You were not demanding you were having a rough time and reaching out for help.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-09-2009 - 7:07am
Thank you! and I completely agree and realize that today. Most times the right thing is usually the hardest to do. Healing is not easy..
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-09-2009 - 7:05am

Brenda thank you for your reply I appologize for being so demanding last night. I had a very rough night sort of had a breakdown. It was tough.

I ended up going with my husband and talking to each family that was involved and getting it all out so everyone knew everything. My mom came and sat with my son He is still ok and ablivious to it all thank god! I feel much better today its not "all better" but its a start. I thank God for my amazing husband who got me through it and still after all our years loves me and never judges me or resents me for all my problems.

Thank you ladies for reaching out and being here once again Ivillage has helped me and I will be around for a lil while I believe. God bless you all and I wish you all peace and send ((hugs)) each of your way. - Tressa

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 8:36pm

You can't make the feeling go away.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 7:34pm

I have read your post.