sunshine through the rain

iVillage Member
sunshine through the rain
Sat, 01-10-2009 - 3:30pm

woke up this morning, blues all around my head...and thought screw this for a game of soldiers, its saturday and I want out of this hole...so I called up my friend, who is also a survivor, and we headed into town for coffee and to look around the shops.

she bought me hot chocolate....me, hot chocolate...but, well it did have pink marshmallows...and it was so warm and smelled so good. And it felt awesome to be enjoying it, out with my friend (I know i know, small things..). We were chatting away and joking and something struck me as ridiculously funny and we sat in starbucks, clutching our sides and laughing so hard until we cried, until people around us started laughing too.

when I got home I switched on my machine, and my sister had left me a 20 min message, chatting about her day and what she'd been up to and how she might get a cat...it was so sweet and funny and made me smile. I listened to it over and over while I cleaned up my kitchen...made myself a bowl of soup and wrapped myself in a blanket with the TV on.

And tonight my flat seems a little warmer and my heart feels a little lighter. I am looking forward to see what tomorrow brings.

Love to all, Rubie x

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-11-2009 - 3:39pm
Photobucket

Photobucket

Rubie I'm so happy for you.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-11-2009 - 1:47pm

Sounds like you had

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-11-2009 - 1:10am

This is awesome!!!!!

Glad to hear that you can experience this right now.

You