Fork in the road

iVillage Member
Fork in the road
Sat, 01-17-2009 - 6:48pm
Well I have settled a bit from my past few weeks of happenings. I totally have come to the conclusion that i have not dealt with some issues form my past and after the way I reacted (my break down of sorts) I know I need to get back into counseling. I just feel like it takes so much effort to get through my days sometimes it seems not fair I'm like why do I have to try so DAMN HARD to just be an average normal person and function. I know my next step is getting back into counseling instead of my just every 6 MO visit for my medication re-up but its starting it that I'm not looking forward to I hate dredging all the past issues up just when i thought i had a handle on my life and my emotions they fly off and go who knows where. Am I making any sense to anyone ? Does anyone else feel this way maybe I am just feeling a lil poor me pity tonight I don't know. Anyway thanks for listening and enjoy the rest of your weekend all :) - Tressa
iVillage Member
In reply to: hrtease2
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 1:08pm
Gail thank you so much. Your kind words mean more then you know, for you to see some good of my situation after you have been through so much similar to mine. It makes all the difference thanks again! - Tressa
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-19-2009 - 9:49am

Oh yes, you're making total sense!! I remember going to therapist after therapist trying to forget what happened to me. All I wanted was to get a handle on my life. Although I knew the roots of my issues were due to my abuse I didn't get too deep into it. One, I didn't want to relive all that stuff. I thought who cares about the past, all I want

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-18-2009 - 10:34pm

Brenda thanks Its nice to know I'm not alone even though I wish i could take all your pain away your right no-one deserves to go through what we all have endured.

I like what you said though your right you "cant put the toothpaste back in the tube" :) that says it perfectly! Thanks for the reply and listening and I am feeling better today :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-18-2009 - 2:44pm
Tressa, I do understand the "fear" in going back to T after having only been going every 6 months.