falling

iVillage Member
falling
Thu, 01-29-2009 - 9:55pm

I'm falling apart tonight. I can't handle something we talked about in therapy today. I can just feel myself slipping deeper and deeper, more and more apart each minute. I've tried to do the things I've learned in my STEPPS group, but it's not working at all and I feel more upset inside as time goes on. I feel crazy. I'm on this downward slope with an avalanche behind me and there's no way to stop it all and no protection from it.

allie

iVillage Member
In reply to: babydance98
Sat, 01-31-2009 - 5:59pm

So sorry to hear what you are going through. I can totally relate to it. Some things that may help

journalling (as someone else mentioned)

talking and supporting your inner child, let her know it's ok and your adult part can look after her, like your a supportive friend, you should feel a bit calmer after that

giving yourself permission to do nothing, switch off totally, eat, watch rubbish tv, read trashy novel, you need a break.

Hope you find your way through.

Fluppet
Fluppet x  x
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-31-2009 - 5:06pm
((((((HUGS)))))

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-30-2009 - 4:10pm

((((((allie)))))

I am sorry you are struggling with this. Know that you are not alone, we are here for you.

x

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-30-2009 - 11:18am

Oh (((Allie))), I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering like this. Those sorts of sessions are dreadful, aren't they? I've felt like you on numurous occassions but honestly, the only way I've found to get through times like these is to ride the feelings down to the bottom and see where they take me.

I understand that

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-30-2009 - 12:59am

((((Allie)))) Huggles hon. I'm sorry to hear something got very upsetting. I'm not sure what you've learned in your Stepps group so I'm just going to take a few shots in the dark here.

Take some slow deep breaths. Tell yourself that you're safe. If you want to try to calm thoughts, if your mind is racing and feeling like its falling apart, maybe try some chamomile tea or warm cocoa. You could also try eating bing cherries, the melatonin in them seems to be great at stopping the mind from circling endlessly.

If that doesn't seem to work, maybe there's something you need to let out. Try writing in a journal or piece of paper. Sometimes I sleep/feel a little better after something is down on paper.

Know I'm here for you. (((hugs)))

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-29-2009 - 10:14pm

I have been lurking on this board once in a while because of things that have happened to me in my past.

I just wanted to Give you (((((HUGS))))) and let you know that I know how hard it is to go through all the emotions of dealing with this. Sometimes I feel like I am in the Deepest pit and can't ever get out and sometimes I feel like I am on top of things and am doing much better. It varies from week to week. I actually resorted back to cutting a couple weeks ago when I thought I had no where to turn. I was lost. I was depressed, I thought there was no way out of my mess of life and I wanted to hurt myself. Its a hard thing to cope with. I am not sure I am ready to go through all the emotions of a group yet but I started one this week.

I hope that you are able to get through the tough stages of this trial in your life. I wish you the best of luck :)

Cynthia

Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!