New here

iVillage Member
New here
Sat, 01-31-2009 - 9:23pm

I am not necessarily new here. I come and read the board once in a while. I haven't really posted here because I didn't feel like I really belonged here or that I would even feel welcome here. I have had a few issues with SA and I don't really want to talk in detail about it just yet. I am still a little scared but I am trying now to get through the pain. I started a group called Healing from SA. The group members are all trying to come up with a better name for it but I think that no matter its name it will be good. It is 12 weeks. I am still a little nervous about it. I went to the first meeting on Wed. and I have spent nearly every night afterward Crying. It is hard to NOT think about things when they are constantly being refreshed in your mind. There are some nights where I feel like I am reliving parts of it and it scares me.

Anyway so there you have it. A small portion of why I am here. Once I get to know you all a little I may be able to open up about it a little more.

Have a good evening.
Cynthia

Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
iVillage Member
In reply to: mom2aba
Sun, 02-01-2009 - 4:24am

((((((((((((((((Cynthia)))))))))))))))))<--hugs if I may if you feel comfortable.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-01-2009 - 1:35pm
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-05-2009 - 12:51am

Hi Cynthia,

I'm sorry you have to be here as well. Sadly, the bad things never seem to stop do they?

I'm not around as often as some of the others but I'm always happy to offer a willing 'ear' so to speak. It is rough to heal...

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 9:14pm

Thankyou for welcoming me here. I am sorry I haven't been back til now. I have been thinking way too much. I think that the first two nights of group were really hard for me. I remembered things I did not want to.

Anyway it seems to be bringing out other things that have happened in my life and I am finding things that I had forgotten about in my childhood.

It is good to work through them. It will be nice to have somewhere I can go to vent. Thankyou again! :)

Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 11:12pm
I felt like I was reading my own situation when reading your post. I have always dealt with my SA by NOT dealing with it trying to forget it. or keep it on the back burner so to speak. But I have realized it bubbles back up eventually and you have to deal with it to move on and heal. (Brenda put it great once you have squeezed out the toothpaste you cant put it back!)
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 12:58am

Yes, sometimes things can bring back stuff you might not always want to deal with. But it does help to work with it and vent. Venting can be a good healthy way to deal with some of that junk.

I hope things are ok

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 12:24am

Hey there Cynthia. Good for you for joining a group. I know that's difficult. I joined a group (it wasn't exactly for SA survivors, although most of there were) last spring and it was a very good experience for me. It was difficult, I hated it at first, but very glad I went through it. I'm glad you introduced yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you like, to vent, to ask questions, to do whatever you need. We're here for you.

Allice