Cynthia, how did the meeting go?

iVillage Member
Cynthia, how did the meeting go?
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 7:40pm

Hi Cynthia,

I was thinking about you yesterday. I would love to hear how the meeting with your daughter went if you care to share.

**gentle hugs**

Gail
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 1:17pm

Thanks for asking and I don't mind sharing at all.

It is a 3 day class. They talk about the difference between Good touches(hugs kisses tickles etc.) Bad touches(pinches, hitting, things that hurt) and Confusing touches (those that might feel good or bad but are not good.)

They read the kids a book about it and yesterday they used stories to teach them the difference between touches that are okay like getting a shot from the doctor and the touches that are not okay. They also taught them about how people trick you to do something that is wrong and also bout force. They watched a movie about telling even if someone tells you not to.

They gave them 5 rules to always remember
1. It's My Body
2. YELL NO! and get away (if someone tries to do something that is wrong)
3. Tell someone
4. ( okay for some reason my brain is not working and I can't remember this one)
5. It is NEVER your fault

I will write them all down on Tuesday during the last class.

Then they sang a song about their bodies being theirs and no one elses.

It was really hard to sit through it at first but knowing that my little girl now knows the rules and would be able to do those things I am a little less worried about her. I will always worry of course. Mostly because she is the age now that I was when I was first introduced to it and I could never forgive myself if she didn't know what to do.

Thanks again for asking. I survived. Only one more day to go. Hopefully my daughter will remember if she ever has to deal with it. I can't imagine what I would do if anyone ever tried anything with my kids.

Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 3:27pm
Sounds like it is a pretty good program.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 9:36am

Cynthia,

I'm so glad to hear that your first

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 11:46pm
The first post was about the first 2 meetings. There is one more tomorrow. I am looking forward to going and giving my feedback
href="http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/clou2who2/?action=view&current=siggyforSAboard.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!