Rough Week

iVillage Member
Rough Week
Fri, 02-27-2009 - 10:49pm

Hey there guys. I've had a rough week. My group got cancelled at the last minute Monday (a screw-up in the therapist's schedule) so I left there feeling very abandoned. I tried hard to tell myself rational thoughts to get through it, yet my feelings still were out of control. Talked with my therapist and the group therapist later in the evening. He was very sorry for the mix-up and sorry I was feeling badly. Make me feel a bit better to talk with him and my therapist.

My sister called that same evening to tell me that two of her children have a digestive system disease that runs in families. She wonders if my son has it. My sister is a nurse and has done lots of reading on this and my son so fits the profile of a child with this disease. He's been sick so much lately. They finally got the doctor's orders called in to the lab today and took my son for the blood tests. So we'll see on that.

Trying to deal with my son's eating "quirks." It's a long story, but basically he refuses to eat many foods. We're trying to work on the whole thing and my therapist gave me some advice on it all this week.

My mother called on Wednesday to tell me she has breast cancer. As soon as I hung up the phone I called and scheduled a mammogram for myself. Had that this morning and won't know anything until sometime next week. I'll be making sure I have one done every year from now on.

Had

iVillage Member
In reply to: babydance98
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 9:51pm
Hey Allie,

iVillage Member
In reply to: babydance98
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 12:51am

(((Allie))))

Wow, you've had a bad week. (((hugs))) I'm sorry about all the health issues swirling around. I hope the tests all turn out ok for both u and your son.

Picky eater, eh? Is he a little guy, or a bigger one now? I'm glad you got to work off some of your frustrations at the gym.

Alisa

Alisa