Fury...**Triggering**

iVillage Member
Fury...**Triggering**
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 12:44pm

I thank "God" Leo is not home yet because last night, I lost it here.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 3:24pm

(((((Shannon))))), my heart goes out to you. I wish I could be there to give you hugs and calm you down and tell you everything will be okay. I'm so sorry for all you've been through and for how difficult this is now. I'm so sad for the little girl who was so hurt, so heartbroken by all the suffereing you're going through now. I'm glad to hear you have support. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Knowing that these next few weeks may be more difficult than usual, I'd try to find some things in advance to comfort yourself with when you notice the tension rising. Perhaps have a comforting movie or favorite book, have your favorite tea on hand, buy some chocolates or whatever might feel like a little treat for yourself. Do all the things you can to prepare for when things start to get worse. I realize if you're dealing with DID you may not be in control of helping yourself at times, but I'm thinking of times when you are in control and need to do something for yourself. I have a list of things: take a hot bubble bath, write in my journal, work on a hobby, call someone you can talk with, color pictures, play with clay (I've found working with clay is so very therapeutic), and other such things to get you through rough times. I think every survivor could benefit from having a list of activities handy so that you don't have to think when things are getting stressful, but just choose something from your list. Music is also very therapeutic for me so I put on CD's I've made of songs that are helpful to me

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 9:10pm

((((((((((Allie)))))))))

thanks hun.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 2:19am

((((Shannon)))))

I'm so sorry to hear you had an episode like that. They can be kind of freaky. I had ones like that and things get a little...wrecked. A little chaotic.

Alisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 10:42am

Oh (((Shan))), as scary as that must have been for you, I agree with your T and feel it was a really good thing, too. IMO it as a breakthrough, or at least the beginning of one. I give you so much credit for calling your SIL and your T. That was YOU, not Leo but YOU who

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 11:39am
(((((((((Shannon))))))))

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-18-2009 - 8:56pm

thank you.