Letting some of the anger go

iVillage Member
Letting some of the anger go
Fri, 03-20-2009 - 7:34pm

I was in my counseling group last week when the group counselor challenged us to let go of something that was holding us back. I had no intention of letting anything big go. My parents were not responsible for my SA. However when growing up things weren't very good. There was always fighting and things were neglected a lot. So were my brother and I. For the longest time I have carried around this anger towards them because they weren't there for us. They gave us a key when I was in 3rd grade and told us to go home and stay there until they got off work. A lot of things happened when they were gone and a lot of them weren't good.

Needless to say when I walked out of that room I had no intentions of letting something so big go. Today I feel lighter. It is interesting that I am a completely different person from last week all because this anger is gone. I am not done healing but this was a really really big breaking point for me. I feel lighter. I am not completely ready to let go of all the anger but I was able to let some of the anger towards my parents go.

Also people have noticed. It has made such a difference in the way I carry myself that I have had several people come up to me and ask me what was different.

:) Just thought I would share my big breakthrough this week.

Cynthia
You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 8:59am
I love to hear those breakthrough stories! I'm so glad you're feeling better!!
**gentle hugs**

Gail
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-21-2009 - 2:24pm

(((((Cynthia))))) That's great! I'm glad you were able to feel some of the burden lift and feel better.

Allie

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-22-2009 - 4:56pm
Cynthia, that is great to hear.