More memories...trigger

iVillage Member
More memories...trigger
Tue, 03-24-2009 - 9:29pm

I have avoided coming here as my memories are not of SA but of childhood physical abuse. I thought I had remembered all the bad stuff until last week when I got hit with the motherlode of the physical abuse from my mother. I thought all of that came from my father but what my mother did is absolutely breath taking. Literally. I need to get it out. I know enough to know you have to say it over and over to get used to idea that it really happened. I've gotten confirmation that the memories are real but I still can't say it.

How does everyone here feel about revealing physical abuse? I get the feeling that this is for SA only and physical abuse is not really a topic anyone wants to deal with. But that may be my take as I have such a hard time dealing with it. My sexual abuse was easy compared to what just came back.

But like everyone else, I need to deal with it and I need to know if it's okay to deal with it here. I will mark it thoroughly for triggers. He%%....it triggers me!

gentle hugs..............JennyB

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 3:52pm
Jenny I'm ok with it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 12:45am

(((((((Jenny))))))) I'm so sorry to hear that you got confirmation of things. I had a little bit of physical abuse mixed in with my sa, so I'm willing to help you any way I can. If I can. If others aren't comfortable, you can email me through my profile.

(((((((Hugs)))))

Alisa

Alisa