T agreed to keep seeing me

iVillage Member
T agreed to keep seeing me
Thu, 03-26-2009 - 3:52pm

After walking out on him and literally tying his hands so he couldn't get me any help, he has agreed to keep seeing me because of an email I sent. I do a lot of self-therapy and sent him a long email about why I did what I did to him and what I was learning. He was so impressed with my email he decided to keep going with me until I have to switch June 1st. And he told me to keep writing him. He really liked my email. I can really go off on tangents when talking but when I write, I can get my thoughts together much better. So I'll write here some, but mostly to him. The rheumatoid arthritis in my hands has made typing increasingly difficult and I can't afford to lose my ability to type right now. It's become a life line for me.

But it was so helpful to just get out what happened. If you can't say it, write it....and keep writing it until you can say it. Then say it as much as you can. It's like desensitizing yourself to an allergen. Expose, expose, expose until it you can say it without falling apart.

thank you Brenda for letting me say it..................JennyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-27-2009 - 11:12am
Jenny, that is great that your T agreed to keep seeing you.