Question about self destruct

iVillage Member
Question about self destruct
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 8:15pm

Something just occurred to me which I never noticed before, is it possbile that pushing people away is a form of self destruction/harm?

I do not self injure but just wondered if I did other things that are detrimental too?

At the moment, I am seeing the 'faults' in everyone around me in my life.

I am not sure if it's my true feelings and I am doubting people based on good evidence or whether I am having some uncomfortable feelings and so pushing people away mentally is a coping strategy for me.

Is this a possible breakthrough or should I carry on believing the thoughts that are telling me I am being used and abused.

So difficult to know which voice to believe.

Fluppet x
Fluppet x  x
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 8:51pm
That is an interesting question.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 2:40pm
I don't know how to answer your question. I have a huge problem with not trusting people. I have actually cut people out of my life and not told them why. However later I found that I had no reason to not trust them. I too push people away and I think in a way that is very self destructive because if you don't have friends it is hard to make it through life. I have finally been able to let some of my "radar" down so that I can become friends with people. However it took me a long time. Good luck!
Cynthia
You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!
Cynthia You are loved, You are Special, You are WORTH IT!