My Day

iVillage Member
My Day
Wed, 04-01-2009 - 10:53pm

My day was a rollar-coaster.

iVillage Member
In reply to: sjn73
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 8:55am

Oh (((Shannon))), it sounds like you two had such a lovely tribute day for your mom!

On a side note, do you happen to live near New London, CT? One of my dearest friends lived in New London. But sadly she died a year and a half ago, at age 38,

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 9:14am

(((Shannon))))

Congratulations on making it through such a monumental day.

LUCKY

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 4:37pm
Shannon it sounds like you made a good day of it yesterday.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 6:05pm

Shannon if I had known you lived that close to me I would have been there to hold your hand. I'm just north west of Hartford.

If ever you need someone to hold you and keep you safe other than your precious Leo, just let me know. We've followed a different but equally horrible past and now are looking at bright futures. We all need to stick together.

gentle hugs............JennyB

PS What hospital was he in?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 12:50am

thank you ((((((((((((((All))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((Gail)))))))))))))))))) wow.......... what a coincidence!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 1:44am

((((Shannon))))) I hope that the day had brought you some fond memories as well as the grief. I'm sorry I wasn't on then, but the 1st was my first day back to work and it didn't go so well, and you didn't need that negativity.

Jenny is right, those we have lost find ways to contact us. When I graduated from college, I was standing by my bed when my grandma's jewelry box started playing music. I hadn't even known it was musical! It played for a little while (my parents heard it) and then faded away. I know it was her letting me know she was proud of me.

Alisa

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 9:21am

Dear Shannon {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I read your last post about what happened to your mom. I cannot tell you just how sorry I am and wish I could be there for you and let you cry on my shoulder. I ALSO cannot believe how many sexual abuse survivors I have met who have lost their moms to violence by their perps! MAJOR SIGH!

I wish I could get all of you together to talk and not feel so alone.

In this last post when I saw you mention Long Island I had to post. I grew up in Queens. I have moved north in NYS and have not been back to the island for years. But...we are NOT that FAR from each other if we ever did want to hug and cry together!

Tell sweet Leo I love ducks too and every other kind of animal you can watch or feed or play with.

Love and hugs and just peace and happiness to you both {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Mady Bead Good
www.mwrg7.com

,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket