FINALLY a place to go for help

iVillage Member
FINALLY a place to go for help
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 7:34pm

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that after over 2 years w/o a therapist (due to being dumped, then not having insurance) I finally got up the nerve to call our local volunteer counseling center. I need help with everyday survival more than help bc of the abuse; but of course the abuse touches EVERYTHING.

The fact that I have been peer counseling other abuse survivors for over 30 years made it no less scary for me to call for help. My marriage is over, but we still live together, the fights continue. I am sorry that it HAD to escalate to being screamed at and feeling like killing myself that got me to call.

The bottom line is I had the intake interview, the cost is very low and I have my first appt. with the counselor on Tues. I am TRULY scared to death bc I have to open up about what is going on with me NOW, and I am SO afraid. I don't know what will happen to me, but I KNOW i need SOMEONE to talk to. I feel SO powerless in my situation and I SUPPOSE it correlates to the helplessness I felt as a child; however as a child I had NO idea about feeling helpless. It was not in my consciousness! Well, whatever I am VERY nervous. Thank you for reading this.

Hugs and warm wishes,

Mady Bead Good
www.mwrg7.com

,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 9:52am

Becky, I'm so happy

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-10-2009 - 5:08pm

{{{{{{{{{{{{Gail}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you so very much for your encouraging words of support. It means a lot coming from you. Hope you are doing well.

Love and hugs,

Becky
Mady Bead Good
www.mwrg7.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 12:47pm
That's great Becky.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-12-2009 - 5:10pm

Brenda {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}