custody hearing

iVillage Member
custody hearing
Sun, 04-26-2009 - 9:20am
Well, we had the custody hearing for my nieces who have been molested Fri. High stress stuff. There were close to 20 witnesses! Only 3 got to testify, me being the second. What a zoo. First my folks attorney got to question, then the biomom, then the stepmom, then my brother, then the guardian ad litem. Then they all got a second chance. Good grief! And with only 2 professionals in the bunch it was, um, interesting? I spoke to the girls but they just stared at me. The judge continued the case---again. Now until June. But in the meantime there will be visitation for the girls and my folks and the girls and the biomom. The stepmother gets to retain custody for the duration. I hate that the girls have been sexually abused twice in their life but now they must also endure emotional and mental abuse as well. I can't wait until this is over for them.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-27-2009 - 11:02am
I can see how this must be such a hard time for these two girls, not to mention your entire family. But at least the girls have people fighting FOR them rather than dismissing their claims and banning them from the family. As bad as this might be, it certainly will let them know so many people love them.

**gentle hugs**

Gail

Edited 4/27/2009 12:20 pm ET by opal45
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-30-2009 - 3:54pm
Those poor girls are probably in shock.