Could this be related? HELP PLEASE!

iVillage Member
Could this be related? HELP PLEASE!
Wed, 05-13-2009 - 8:01pm
So I was SA when I was about 5 or 6. It only happened maybe three or four times then I told my mother and she flipped out on the guy (it was one of her male friends that was babysitting my brothers and I) and we never saw him again. No one ever talked about it after that. Not even me and my mother. I have never told anybody until a few weeks ago when I told my therapist. I have been seeing her for about 6 weeks b/c of my problem with anxiety and past physical abuse from my ex H. We still haven't talked about exactly what happened however, I did ask her what I am going to ask here. I am wondering if my few times of being SA, have anything to do with problems in relationships? See, I have been in three long term relationships total. With every single one, after about a year of being together, I no longer have any interest in sex. I don't even enjoy kissing them! When my bf that I have now starts kissing me, I get very anxious and just want him to get away from me. It is to the point that I cannot even stand being around him half of the time! Like I said, this happened in my other two relationships also. We do have other issues in the relationship and I really don't think I see it working out however, I do not want to ruin a "good thing" if it is my problem that I feel this way. So is this why this happens? I have noticed and so has my T, that many of the problems I have in this relationship are the same ones I had in my past relationships (ie: all mama's boys, clingy,needy, and controlling). So have any of you had similar feelings? Is it me or the men I date? HELP PLEASE!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-14-2009 - 5:57pm
Photobucket

Hello and welcome to the board, I'm glad you found us.

My name is Brenda and I am the cl here.