bad news/good news

iVillage Member
bad news/good news
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 11:53am

Good news first. The custody battle for my 2 nieces is over. My folks gave custody to the biomom (what the girls wanted) and they have visitation the fourth weekend of every month. In the paperwork it stipulates that if biomoms relational, financial, medical, or mental situation changes that custody will be revisited. Actually, the custody is on a 6 month probation imposed by the court. Stepmom handed the girls over to bio mom with only a backpack of clothes each. Biomom called my mom upset about this. She wanted my mom to help. My mom said no, stepmom isn't talking to us either. So biomom tried to guilt and then demand that my folks help her replace the girls stuff. Nope. You wanted them. You fought us for them. You are mom. Handle it. Great situation isn't it? The girls can always decide to come live with my folks down the road.

Bad news. Because stepmom and biomom are complete idiots my brother will be set free. According to official psych reports the girls story is too rehearsed to be reliable at this point. Yes, it happened but at this point thanks to stupid step and biomoms the girls line of what really happened and what they were told happened has been blurred. Had they gotten counseling right away it would have made a world of difference. Prosecutor said that even with my testimony it wouldn't be enough so he won't prosecute. Mike is still in jail in Porter county for driving on a suspended license a few years ago. He will be released on June 21 and Laporte has 10 days to transport him to their jail so he can appear in court for a vet bill. So it is over. There is a restraining order keeping him from his girls until they are 18. Dummy still thinks he is going home to his wife!

I am fine. I am glad my folks know what happened. Our brother and sister are going to go on with life like nothing ever happened. That is sad but I don't feel the need to force the issue. My dad will protect all the kids. And I will be right there backing him up.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 3:14pm

Girls are in counseling and have been for about a month. Judge ordered it :) Ordered it for biomom too. Her counselors report stated that she is not mentally or emotionally ready now, nor will she probably ever be, to be a mom. Yet, she got the girls. It was a mess and my folks gave in. But for now the girls are happy and still get stability in seeing my folks once a month.

I wish Mike would have been prosecuted. In his mind he still hasn't done anything wrong. He is innocent. He is sick.

My pg has survived all of this thankfully! It is almost over.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 1:26pm
I'm glad the custody case is over.