Update on Leo

iVillage Member
Update on Leo
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 8:06pm

Shannon checked in with me this after noon. Leo's heart tests have not been good and he's being moved to Hartford Hosp. possibly as early as tomorrow to be assessed. Since I live about 30 minutes away I told Shannon I'd meet her and Leo there. The local hospital where he's at right now just doesn't have the ability to do what he may need right now.

Shannon is very scared and she was already having so many problems with a new therapist and trying to decide whether to prosecute her abuser and big health problems of her own so this is tough on her and I can hear it in her voice. I hope by going to the hospital I can at least give her someone to lean on and make Leo feel a little better knowing someone is caring for her and he didn't need to worry so much. I told Shannon that she is only 2 years older than my daughter and that since her mom is no longer with us, Mother Jenny was ordering her to try to eat something and to try to sleep even thought she can't. She needs her mom right now and if I can be a very poor substitute, I'll be honored to help her. She's an inspiration to me. Leo too.

I will keep everyone updated. If you have any kind of belief system that there is something out there...ask Him or Her or It to help these 2. They need it and deserve it.

gentle hugs..............JennyB

iVillage Member
In reply to: jennybyc
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 9:45pm

Jenny, how very sweet of you to be so kind and caring to Shannon and Leo. I'm sure you've been of great comfort to them during such a difficult time. You're all in my prayers.

Allie

iVillage Member
In reply to: jennybyc
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 8:46pm
Jenny I am so glad that you can be there in person to help Shannon.