Something I've been thinking about

iVillage Member
Something I've been thinking about
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 9:10pm

The other day I was at a local fabric store.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 8:21pm

(((((((((((((((((((Allie)))))))))))))))) thank you and no hun, you are not upseting me by your words.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 4:04pm

(((((Shannon))))) I am so sorry to hear that you can't become parents. That's heartbreaking. To think how much love and care you both have to give to a child, yet a diagnosis prevents it...how awful. I'm very sorry.

I have one child and because of kidney disease could not have any more children. Had we known about my kidney disease earlier I wouldn't have even my precious son. It's been really hard for me at times to accept that I can't have more children. Too many people tell me, "You should be thankful for the one you do have." Believe me, I am thankful. I won the lottery when it comes to having children as my son is the greatest. But yet it's painful when friends have their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th child. It breaks my heart. So I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope I'm not making it worse by saying all this as I don't want to make you any sadder about it. I just know I'm devestated to only have one and I can't imagine if I didn't have that wonderful little guy. It angers me that you're not allowed to adopt. No parent is perfect. What about all the parents who adopt for all the wrong reasons and never love their children? What about the parents who have children and

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 5:02am
i will just add my piece of anger... and Jenny and i spoke on this the othwer nite... Leo i and can never conceive a child, but my psyche issues and his bi-polar IMMEDIATELY 100% shoots us down from adopting (i mean aside from his physical health.)
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-17-2009 - 9:50pm

It makes me angry the way our society treats people with mental health problems and people who have been abused or raped.