A little scared emotions being difficult

iVillage Member
A little scared emotions being difficult
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 12:49am

Hi, I think I may have posted here a while back, but it's been a long while.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 6:55am

Hi Gevie,

Welcome back! It's nice to see you again.

It sounds like you're making wonderful progress. Your jounaling experience sounds terrific. And good for you for continuing to allow your emotions to flow and for also taking care of yourself by knowing when to stop. Wow, that's terrific!

You mentioned you're scared to go further. I completely understand. You're in foreign territory all by yourself so that makes sense. If I were you I'd probably call my T to discuss what happened and to get her insight. She may suggest you make a couple notes but don't go further until you and she have a chance to process this first writing. Or she may be able to schedule you in earlier. Either way I think you're wise for being cautious not to take on more than you can handle. So often I found my emotions were like water in a kinked hose. As soon as I allowed the hose to unkink the emotions wanted to flow out in a gusher. Unfortunately, that can be too harsh for us so take things slowly. It's not all about getting the emotions out. It's also (and primarily IMO) important to work with your T to process those feelings. Make sense?

**gentle hugs**

Gail
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 9:50am

Hi Gevie,

Keep Journaling.

LUCKY

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-27-2009 - 5:39pm

Gevie, welcome back.