How's everybody's summer going?

iVillage Member
How's everybody's summer going?
Fri, 08-07-2009 - 6:06pm

Hi Everyone!

How's your summer going? Vacation? Camps for the kids? Are you enjoying your favorite summer foods? Have you met any new friends? Are you facing any new challenges? Whatever is going on for you is fine by me. I'd just like to hear from you.

**gentle hugs**

Gail
**gentle hugs**

Community Leader
Fri, 08-07-2009 - 10:42pm

So far so good.

Zoe

Community Leader - Sexual Abuse Healing

Boards> Health & Fitness >Crisis Support >Sexual Abuse Healing

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/health-fitness/crisis-support/sexual-abuse-healing

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-08-2009 - 12:41am

My summer has been great, though

LUCKY

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-08-2009 - 11:25am

Oh how envious I am! 10 days in one of my favorite states doing my favorite things...how cool is that?!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to enjoy my summer vicariously through people like you. I haven't done squat! No vacation except to drive my son down to San Antonio to live with his sister. No hiking, no golf, no poolside activities, nada. But my summer hasn't been a total loss. I have a new job as a financial consultant specializing in helping people address the all but certain rise in taxes and inflation so they can live through retirement without running out of money. I'm also really immersed in AA. I haven't hit my stride socially yet but it's been a wonderful experience. Who knew this self-professed God hater could completely

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-09-2009 - 2:17pm
My Summer, once it actually started, we didn't break 70 before the end of June and it was still freezing at night.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-13-2009 - 12:48am

Hi everyone,

My summer has been going ok. Still job-hunting...it seems to be a never-ending process. And you wouldn't believe the number of scams out there right now! Sheesh!

It's been a fairly cool summer,so with really hot periods so it's been wierd. Got a new roof on the lake house and went swimming there during that week. Went swimming at a friend's townhouse complex pool which was nice Sunday.

Have recently submitted my first novel to a agent so keep your fingers crossed.

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-13-2009 - 10:58am

Hi Alisa,

A novel?! Very cool! My fingers are crossed for you. Care to share the subject of your novel?

Great to hear from you. It sounds as though you're having a pretty good summer.

**gentle hugs**

Gail
**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-14-2009 - 12:52am

Hi Gail,

Yeah, its a novel I wrote back in high school. It's about vampires and I thought the timing might be good to try and get it out there again. :)I'm really hoping it makes it this time.

My summer's going all right, except for that pesky lack of job problem. But no matter how desperate you might be for a job, be aware of those scammers. I managed to catch on to one before anything got too serious.

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-20-2009 - 12:55pm

Hi Gail.....I haven't had a good summer and our vacation starts tomorrow with my husband having additional work done on a mole that was removed back in mid-July...came back in very early stage melanoma. So vacation is going to spent at home watching his back heal.

But for those who I have been posting to...I had to give up my relationship with Shannon(for reasons I won't go into) and told her I'd leave the board for her to post when she needed help. However, she hasn't(not unexpected). Brenda is aware of what happened and has been very encouraging but I still hesitate to post in case Shannon needs to be here.

So I thought I'd slide this post in here to let everyone know why I'm not posting.

gentle hugs to everyone...............JennyB

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 1:51pm
Jenny I'm so sorry that your vacation has been ruined by health problems that always sucks.