Looking for resources

iVillage Member
Looking for resources
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 4:54pm

Sorry I haven't been around...more on that at another time. I was keeping a promise.

But I am looking for a really good and dependable source of info on Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. I've read some stuff on the net but want to know if anyone has a really good source of info. Most go into the person with Munchausen's but I can't find much of anything on the treatment of the "Proxy".

And I think you all know why I'm looking, sadly.

Hugs to everyone and I'll be back soon to say hello and re-join the board.

gentle hugs...............Jenny

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 8:13pm

I have access to journal article databases

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 8:48pm

Thank you...that would be great! I did more research today but again, keep finding lots on the perpetrator but very little on the treatment of the "proxy" except to find that it is considered the ultimate in betrayal by most articles I've read. So....how do you recover? I think I'm probably a long way into it but it is something I can hardly even consider...it is so hideous an idea to me. Makes it very hard to even think your own mother could do that but that is the way it looks. Just makes me shiver!

Let me know what you find.

Big gentle Jenny hugs!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 10:03pm

I found several items.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 9:15pm

Thank you...that would be great. You can send them to me through my profile.

I see my T tomorrow and I anticipate a tough day but determined to get through it. I've read even more and the more I read the more it fits the profile of my mother. I suspect I even began to develop Munchausen myself(not the "by proxy type but the plain type). I used to hurt myself or make myself sick to get attention...wonder where I learned that???? The more I learn the healthier I'll be.

Giant gentle hugs for helping me to recover..............Jenny

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 6:45pm

There doesn't seem to be a way that I can find to send

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 7:15pm

I tried to send you a PM but you don't have the function enabled. If you could enable the function for a couple of days I will send you my regular email address. I don't want to have you do something you don't want to do(expose yourself to PM's) but I don't know of any other way except to post it here and that's not a good ides. Did that once...bad move on my part. Hmmmmmmmm.........

Our Cl Brenda has my email address and she might be able to send it to you.

Brenda...are you listening?????? It's okay with me if you can do it.

gentle hugs.......JennyB

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 8:00pm

I got the email you sent to me directly Jenny and I replied back so hopefully you have the files.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 3:39pm

Healing if that doesn't work let me know and I will send you Jenny's address.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 12:25pm

I got them, Brenda...it's like reading my life. Finally some answers.

Thank you so much Healing...you are helping ME heal.

gentle hugs...........Jenny