I'm back...hopefully

iVillage Member
I'm back...hopefully
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 1:25pm

I'm sorry I disappeared for so long. There are several people I was talking to and I feel badly that I left you in the lurch(fluppet...forgive me). I had made a promise to someone about letting them have this board for support as I had other supports. However, I believe I have been let out of my promise and am back. Enough said about that.

At the beginning of summer I was dealing with a lot of terrible memories that had come back this spring and facing having to change to a new T due to insurance. I have made the transition smoothly and doing well with "Mark". Sometimes I think it helps to get "fresh eyes" on the situation as they can see things you might not have looked at with someone else. I've learned a lot.

The biggest thing has been realization that my mother, in all likelyhood, was suffering from a combination of Munchausen and Munchausen by Proxy syndromes. When she had a child she could use, she did. When she didn't, she used herself. All of it was to get attention from the medical community, in particular, our family doctor who had been her doctor as a kid. It's a really tough illness to confront as the "proxy" but I'm working on it. It had been suggested in the spring but I couldn't go there at the time. I can now. I needed to think about it for awhile.

Healingjourney has been so helpful in sending me info on this disorder and I want everyone to know how great she has been....thank you again. Munchausen is so rare that I need to educate my T on it and I'll be taking all of the info to him next week. SA is not a part of Munchausen but it is abuse to the "nth" degree and I had SA as well by the rest of my mother's family. So I come here. But I think I'll start posting on the PTSD board too in case anyone else with Munchausen has gone there. It's primarily physical and emotional abuse so they may not want to post on an SA board. Doesn't mean I don't want to be here...Brenda is amazing.

So I'm back and itching to say hello to others.

gentle hugs to everyone..............Jenny

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 7:17pm

Thank you for the kind words.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-16-2009 - 10:00pm

Thanks for the complement Jenny, I'm so glad I am able to help people.