Link between sex abuse & sexuality

iVillage Member
Link between sex abuse & sexuality
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 8:58pm
Hi, I am new to ivillage. I was wondering if sexual abuse can have an impact on your sexuality? Say for instance you were sexually abused by a man and a woman during your life. Can it effect what sexual lifestyle you decide to live later on in life? I think it can but I don't know for sure. See I was sexually abused by men and a women
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 3:18pm

I definitely think being SA impacts many aspects of our sexual lives as adults. I just don't have other answers for you. I read your post and wanted to respond and let you know I heard you, but I just don't have any good advice or suggestions or answers. I didn't want you to feel ignored, after you've been brave enough to come here and post your thoughts and questions. I'm just not sure what to say on this one.

Are you in therapy? On meds? Have you discussed this with your husband or therapist or doctor?

I always feel badly when I don't have an answer or way to help someone here. That's why I at least wanted to let you know I heard you and you're not alone. Others will come along and read your question and offer support as well.

Allie

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 5:12pm
Hi,Baby dance 98! I got your message. I thought that your response to my post was good. I am glad you responded to show me that you are listening. That you care and are here for support. That means a lot to me. I have done all of those things that you asked about. Therapy, and meds. Yes I have discussed these things with a therapist as well as my husband. I just wanted to find out what other survivors had to say about it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 7:13pm
I do believe that there can be a link between abuse and sexuality.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-06-2009 - 8:06pm
Hi, Melissa! I got your memo. Thank you for listening and
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 4:04am
Hi there,

What a great post.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 1:49pm

Thanks for stopping by lil'm.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-11-2009 - 4:03pm
Hi, Little mascara! I love your online name by the way.It is too cute and sexy as well. Thanks for sharing with me. I can really relate to what you are saying and we seem to have a lot in common. I agree with your views and what you had to say. I don't have a lot of time to talk now but if you want to continue to talk that would be great. Enjoy your weekend! And have a little fun and spice in your life. Take care