Hello :)

iVillage Member
Hello :)
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 2:53am
hello to everyone... old friends and welcome to new i have not "met".
i came by to say happy holidays however you celebrate.
iVillage Member
In reply to: sjn73
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 6:31pm
Nice to see you back on the board.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 1:50am

(((Shannon)))))

I'm so glad therapy is going well for you. All of your younger parts deserve such healing...Happy holidays to you and Leo.

Alisa

Alisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 6:09am

Hi (((Shannon))),

I'm so happy to hear things are progressing for you. Please pass along my

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 6:30am

Thanks friends!!! :)
UUGGGHHH its 6:15am and we are getting ready to see my surgeon on my knee... yay... but he has to take pictures to see if i have done more damage.

its good to be here. i forgot if i mentioned... i have a blog on wordpress that i have committed myself to typing in almost everyday. it has helped so much. something for me a safe spot of my own to go and just type.... with privacy settings if desired.

Leo says hello!!! :)

Have to run... have a good day everyone.

~~Shannon
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 7:59am

Hi Shannon and Leo {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

WOW, I have not been here in ages. Just thought I would see what was doing here. I am glad you still have Leo and I hope you both will hang in and on for as long or as little as you want!

I can SO relate about the holiday time. In my ms. which is getting closer and closer to finally getting published, I call this time of year the "Horrordays".

It is torture for me every year, also for many reasons. It was just a few years ago that I came very close to taking my life on Christmas eve.

This year I started to work like crazy to make sure I had someone to celebrate with. Made plans with my online sister who I have known and helped for eleven years. She and her family were going to come from Tx to visit for the holiday. We had it all planned and we could not wait.

Well...she backed out. Need I say more?

Shannon, as an incest survivor myself and peer counselor for more than 30 years, I am so proud of you for all the work you have done. I truly understand how difficult it is. That is part of what my ms is about, the struggle! I have met and worked with many survivors with MPD/DID. I love meeting the alters, especially the younger ones. I talk about this too in my writing. I never thought I would understand it but I SO get it now. Most therapists and even some psychiatrists have never ever treated a person who has this. I have spent thousands of hours talking to and helping MPD/DID survivors. It became almost as simple as breathing to me. I really know how hard it is for you, only having seen it in others. I really AM so proud of you (all of you)

I am hanging in still making my necklaces and now bracelets. Everyone loves them but no one is buying. Very heartbreaking for me. Just adds to the "horrordays".

I hope we all can get through yet another season and year. Perhaps something good and positive will happen to us (all suvivors) this year.

Best wishes,

Becky {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

MadyBeadGood
www.mwrg7.com

,Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 12:22pm

Hi ((((((((Becky))))))))

:) thanks for replying! I am very sorry your friend has backed out on your holiday plans.

I am in a huge amount pain at the moment... jusy got back from the orthopedic surgeon for my ruined knee that I have had multiple surgeries on. got a cortizone injection and had an pic taken... things arent good with it. I HATE taking percocet... it makes me ill.. he gave me phenergen.. an anti-nausea med so i can handle the pain med. if it isnt feeling better in 3 weeks i go back and will most likely have another surgery to get the kneecap realligned and clean things out and hopefully not find another tear in meniscus.

i am resting but we go see Leo's cardiologist at 4pm... to discuss whether and when and how much he can go back to work. I dont want more than 16hrs a week. anything more he ends up hospitalized.

i will be checking in here and trying to be around when i can.

yes the DID... is hard... but ya know right now, "we" have one safe place and that is in my therapists office. but its good... much work is getting done. it is the hardest time in my life but i am moving ahead.

gotta run...

hugs!

~~Shannon
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 1:32pm

Shannon,

I am so very sorry for your knee and the pain. I am sending positive thoughts and lots of very gentle hugs. You are very strong. Wishing you the very best!

Becky {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

MadyBeadGood
www.mwrg7.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 2:31pm
Hey Shannon, nice to "see" you again.