To Be Honest... (Hello PT 2)

iVillage Member
To Be Honest... (Hello PT 2)
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:59pm

I returned here yesterday with the intention of letting you know that I am truely making progress with my therapy. It feels good to tell that... really. :)

But I guess tonite I have to be honest too... that I have been working so hard once sometimes twice weekly with my therapist for the past at least couple months... and these have been the hardest sessions... the most painful... but the most progress. But in all honesty I think I came back here this week because I am really having a hard time because Rose(yes my new therapist after my precious other one passed away suddenly... is named Rose as well) she is out this week at a conference. This is the first week not seeing her in a couple months and I look forward to going... I sometimes feeel unsafe just waiting for my appointment day. She and her office is my "safe place" and its really kind of bothering me to not have that this week. So yeah, I am having a bit of a hard time. I guess I would just throw that out as part of the reason I returned here. I hope its ok. I hope I make sense. I am counting the days until Monday when I see her. Maybe I am nuts... I dont know... LOL.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo

~~Shannon
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 11:26pm

Hey Shan,

I'm right there with you b/c my T is out of town, too. I've been going twice a week for years, sometimes 3 times, so these sessions are just such an important part of my week. It's almost like my week isn't complete without my time with my T.

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 1:24am

Awwww yes it is so tough. Thanks for replying... it does help to know I am not the only one feeling this.

I have a blog and I just write and write when I need to and especially when I am needing to talk to my T and I just blog each day and just count the daays till seeing her. My blog is awesome, I committed to blogging each day... even if its just a short paragraph.

(((((Gail))))) gentle hugs,

~~Shannon
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 9:32pm

From my perspective there is nothing wrong with having other outlets.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 10:16pm

thank you,

its weird, funny, not haha funny, just different that i CAN do this and AM doing this even tho i am having so much struggle and need to be in my T office "my safe place" and the fear that perhaps she won't return... but i am i guess TRUSTING a day at a time more than what i have usually done which is look too far ahead with the fear etc... and i have a special homework assignment to do until i meet with her regularly again. So its hard... but i think its a lots more of my younger parts that is fearing etc...

Leo and I went Christmas shopping for our great nephews, and my nephews and niece out west and we bought each other a little something too for to open Christmas Eve :) I did not want to go out but we did.

Thanks for the reply. :)

~~Shannon
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 10:50pm

(((((Shannon))))) Hey there girl. You're not nuts. It's pretty normal for a lot of us. My therapist is here this week and next week and the next so I'm darn thankful. (I don't think I ever posted on here what I've been going through regarding losing my group therapist recently (or did I and I've forgotten?), but that's certainly making me feel completely crazy.I'm really struggling with that one). So you're not alone, glad you came here for support.

allie