It's been 13 years

iVillage Member
It's been 13 years
Mon, 01-11-2010 - 4:06pm

It's been 13 years about since I was sexually abused. I was just 13 and forced to have sex with an uncle (not blood related)...

I thought that time would just heal things, but I think about it everyday, I have not told anyone other that "friends" and that I guess helped a little, but I want to know when the pain will go away? It has followed me into all my other relationships and to an extent help the failure of them. This is someone I have to deal with and see VERY often, because I never told anyone especially my aunt that is married to him, he just gets to go about his life like nothing ever happened.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 8:09am

Hi and welcome to the board. I'm sorry it's taken so long for you to receive a response. Sometimes that happens but the people here are very comforting.

I think we've all been in your shoes b/c we've all wished that time would make the pain go away. I know I did. Unfortunately, there's not an ounce of truth to the saying

**gentle hugs**

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-13-2010 - 10:05am
Thank you for that. As soon as I get a chance I will have to go check that book out.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 10:53pm
Photobucket

Hi Welcome to our board.

My name is Brenda and I am the cl here. Sorry I didn't get to you sooner, life some times gets in the way.

Gail already gave you the recommendations that I would have given you. Find a qualified therapist and read the book "The Courage to Heal". If it hadn't been for my wonderful T and that book I don't know where I would be.

Your anger that your uncle gets to just go on with his life while you are in vanquish is justified. It always seems like the victim keeps getting victimized and the perpetrator always seems to be oblivious to the pain he or she has caused.

I hope you stick around and let us get to know you better.

HUGS

Sig for other boards