New Here

iVillage Member
New Here
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 7:49pm

Hi everybody, I came here because I am not quite sure to do and need some support.

Lilypie
iVillage Member
In reply to: sterlingfit
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 11:14pm

I'm sorry you were raped and sorry you are going through this. I think this group of people here will be very supportive. They're a great bunch.

Sometimes it's easier to say that nothing happened, or make-believe it didn't affect us much. It's a way of proteting ourselves from the truth. So to finally admit that yes, this really happened, you really were raped and not "almost raped" is telling yourself the truth. I can see why it feels so raw. It sounds as if this was a sudden change in what you'd been admitting to yourself so it's likely going to hurt. For me, it took a lot of years to peel off the layers and finally tell someone all the things I could remember (and I'm just hoping I'm there now and there aren't more layers to go). So I really understand what you're saying. I just couldn't say it outloud for so long as it made it seem too real. I think we have ways of protecting ourselves and you apparently needed to tell yourself the "almost" story for 10 years. Perhaps now that you have the support you need you can admit the truth and deal with it all. As much as it hurts, I think it's a good thing and shows you're dealing with this. I'm sorry it has to hurt so much, but hopefully it will be like removing a tumor: the surgery hurts awhile, but the bad part has been removed and can eventually heal.

I hope it can be of some help to know you're not alone in this.

allie

iVillage Member
In reply to: sterlingfit
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 10:14pm
Photobucket

Hi My name is Brenda I am the cl here.