Husband fantasizes about his therapist

iVillage Member
Husband fantasizes about his therapist
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 12:07am

I'm not sure exactly on which board to post this. My husband fantasizes about his therapist who he has been seeing for more than a year.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:17am

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time, this doesn't sound like something any wife would want to have to deal with.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 4:56pm

Hi Jen,

I don't frequent this board much anymore, but pop in every so often.

LUCKY

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 9:39pm

I disagree about who has crossed the line here. I think the poster crossed the line by sending in the video. I think many, many clients have many different types of fantasies about their therapists. My therapist has told me that he knows various clients have seen him as a brother, a dad, a lover, a son, a grandfather, a friend...whatever role the client needs filled by him. This poster's husband has a sexual fantasty about his therapist. He (safely) acted out on it in the privacy of his own home when he thought no one was watching. To videotape it secretly and send it to his therapist is crossing the line.

Although, it also depends on the history of this man: has he previously been accused or sent to jail for rape? Does he have a criminal history of sexual crimes? In that case sending a letter or leaving a message for the theapist of this man's thoughts about raping her would be a good thing.

Or is he the victim of sexual abuse and so somehow his therapist has become part of his sexual fantasy? By telling his wife his thoughts he was very brave. For her to betray his trust his appalling.