How do you know?? 5 yr old?

iVillage Member
How do you know?? 5 yr old?
Sun, 06-27-2010 - 9:39pm

Hello & thanks for any advice.

My sister has a slight concern about her 5yr old girl. The other day she was reading a book in bed with her legs up and her girl was sitting on the bed and tickled her between her legs...My sister sort of freaked out and asked her what she was doing and asked her where did you learn that...Her DD replied daddy tickled me there. My sis didn't know what to say for fear of saying the wrong thing or confusing her. But she asked show me where, then her DD said daddy tickled her on the sides of her private area. She has in the past made strange references and talks about 'Boobs' which my sister can't understand where she is getting that from. One time, she tried to kiss my sister with her eyes closed and acted like she was giving her a 'real' kiss.

My sister is not sure what to do, she mentioned it to DH, who don't understand why she said that. What should we do???? Is there appropriate Q's to ask a 5 yr old without confusing her. How would you know if something is going on?? Thanks so much for any help....we need it....My sis thinks its all innocent and can't picture DH ever doing anything, but I told her you never know....(they don't have a great sexual relationship, if that matters)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2010 - 11:25pm
Hi welcome to the board.