?

iVillage Member
?
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 11:37pm

This is my first time posting here I am hoping to get some feedback on how I am feeling.My son was molested when he was seven he is now 11. The molester was 17 and my husbands step brother. Since the moment my son told me what had happened I have had to fight my husband every step of the way.I am the one who took my son to counsuling , talked to the police, listened to my son whenever he wanted to talk and ask questions. My husband wanted to just forget it. When the offenders step mom my husbands mom found out what had happened she said it was normal for young boys to do these things and she is upset because the cops were coming to her house and she might lose her goverment job because of all this. I could not believe everyone was acting this way.

iVillage Member
In reply to: doodlebugs1
Thu, 07-29-2010 - 10:12am

I'm sorry to that you didn't receive a reply (and welcome) sooner.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 12:47am

Thanks for welcoming me to the board. My son is doing great now, he is happy and so much more outgoing now that he told what had happened and received help.I still worry very much about the future when he starts dating if more problems will come up but for now its nice to see how great he is doing. I have thought about counseling for us and know we should go but really there is just no money for it right now. I have known for a while now that he talks to his family when we are not around and I am ok with ignoring that. Its just now knowing that he lied about the offender not being there when he was, on top of everything else now I have to wonder if I can trust him . Thanks again for the welcome.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 9:05am

I'm glad to hear that your son is doing so well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-03-2010 - 4:40pm
Photobucket

Dawn,

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-04-2010 - 2:22pm

(((((Dawn))))), you're being a great mother and you are doing your best to protect your son. You are doing the right thing and being extremely reasonable.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 3:52pm

Thanks for welcoming me Melissa, sorry to hear about the plumbing issues hope everything is fixed now. I will be looking into the churches around here to see if they offer counseling. I find it difficult to talk about in person but I know I have to try. Ever since he has been home we can hardly look at each other and its just not fair to the kids to see their parents this way.Thanks for the advice.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 4:03pm

Allie I am so sorry to hear about how your parents have treated you. As a mom I can't imagine ever treating my child that way. Thanks so much for actually getting me