Keeping it a secret

iVillage Member
Keeping it a secret
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 6:11pm
I'm 20 years old, and have been dealing with this for many years and it has never gotten any easier. I was sexually molested from a young age I'm guessing around 5 it lasted a couple of years I honestly dont remember much I have blocked alot out from those years I dont remember majority of my childhood. I was SA from my babysitter who happened to be my cousin as well he was about 13 at this time, nobody in my family knows, I do kinda remember telling his sister who is my adopted cousin, but I'm not sure what happened with that. My bestfriend and her mom know but not many other people, I am keeping this a secret for many reasons just for the most part because I dont remember alot of it it honestly feels like a dream, but my main problem now is intimacy with my boyfriend who I have yet to tell we have been together for over a year now and I just really dont know how to tell him without him freaking out and taking things into his own hands, I have learnt how to deal with this is my own way and I dont want him to mess up what I have worked so hard too do. I just really want to know how to tell him what happened and how to deal with his aftermath?
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 12:11am
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 11:17pm

Hello,

I could relate with the lost childhood memories. In fact your post is very similar to my experience.