New Here.....

iVillage Member
New Here.....
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 7:47pm
Hi There. I am Anna. And I am Stressed beyond my own self repair.

So here is a little about myself. I am a SAHM for the majority, I have a 2 yo ds and a 3 dd, which are the light of my life. I love being a SAHM, I have the flexibility that I enjoy, but I also have the structure I need.

My problems are that I am having a hard time with dealing with all that is happening in my life. For starters I am the leader of the Family Readiness Group for my husband's Army unit. I knew when I took on the responsibility it would be demanding, but what ended up happening is just horrible. The leader before me, left me NOTHING. And what I mean by that, all the pertinant paperwork that comes with this position is no where to be found. I dont have any of the things I need to take care of what needs to be done. I get phone calls left and right for things I had no idea about, and just a few days ago, my treasurer quit on me. So I am now, leader, co-leader, treasurer, secretary and hospitality.

To add to this, my Grandfather just recently suffered a heart attack. Now, emotionally that was pretty draining for all of us in the family, so that didnt help. But on top of that, my Grandparents babysat my kids when I had a function to go to. Now with this Leader position I am in, I have quite a few functions I have to attend. This week alone I have had to call and apologize for not being able to attend a change of command for my husband's unit. Which is actually a big deal, because the change of command were for some pretty powerful people. But I have no one that can babysit for me now.

Now, on top of this I teach ballet part time, I love teaching the classes, and consider it a great stress relief. Unfortunately the center I work for is being quite difficult. Often times they do not listen to what I need. For instance, I have asked them in multiple ways, not to wax my floor, because then it is a danger to my students. I come into class this past weekend and my floors are waxed, and since I am not allowed to resin my floors, it just made it slippery for my students. I also spent a good part of the day looking for my equipment, which they decided to use for the basketball game that was going on that same time. And when I asked for it back. The people who took them in the first place threw a fit and became very aggressive. Needless to say, I didnt get the stuff back.

Now, I know a good solution to this would be to let go of one of my responsibilities. And believe me I would love to. Unfortunately, no one else is willing to step up and volunteer for Family Readiness, and all the effort I have put into the this group, I feel I cant just drop it and walk off. And as for my classes, I have way too many students who are very loyal to me and respect me, and I love my classes. It is just the center I work at, and as of right now moving to a different center is not an option.

My most important responsibility are my children. And I will NOT put them into daycare. Both my husband and I agree 1000% that I will stay home with them until they are both in school. They our pride and joy, and the most important part of our lives.

So I need help. Please let me apologize for the long winded post, but I needed to get it all out. I have tried everything. Alone time, long showers, alcohol (just kidding), I even considered going back to smoking a few times. I have done theraputic shopping, I have sat in a quiet room with nothing to distract me, I go for long walks, my DH and I go out once a week just by ourselves. And I just cant relax. I am so stressed I havent slept in about 2 weeks, I havent slept well since July. My back is so tense that it has climbed up and I usually end up with a tension headache by late afternoon, I hold my breath that my lungs start to feel tight, and that is so I dont snap at my children or husband.

Ok, I know I should see a doctor, and I have an appointment for february, that is the earliest I could be seen.

Im sorry again for the long post, but I needed to get it all out.

Thanks,

Anna

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 9:22pm
dear anna

my predecessor at work left me with close to nothing too. it is very stressful to have ppl expecting results from you when there is nothing you can use to build your results on.

so i would like to share with you a wonderful traditional chinese concoction that will help you to relax and improve the quality of sleep as well as soothe any sore tempers or throats you may be experiencing.

just take juice from 1 lemon and mix with 2 spoons of honey in warm water. to be drunk before you go to bed for at least 3 nights.

it really helps a lot now that i am worrying my head off an upcoming surgery. this is probably the only thing that is getting me relaxed enough to sleep.

i hope it works for you as well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2003 - 11:00am
Thank you very much.

Normally I drink that when I am sick, because it makes me feel so good from inside. Ill be sure to start that tonight.

Thanks again,

Anna

Photobucket