can not think clearly

iVillage Member
can not think clearly
Sun, 09-21-2003 - 8:15am
I am new here so bear with me if that is clear by my post. I am in a situation that I do not feel that I can speak to anyone about. I am 7 1/2 months pregnany with our first child which is the light in the dark for me as well as my loving husband. The tough part is that my husband has been looking for a job for almost a year and a half. He is in the technology sector and he is either under or over qualified for everything out there. He has even looked in sectors other than technology without luck. Therefore I am the sole provider for the fast growing family. I carry our health insurance which seems more important now than ever. The weight gets heavy because I bearly make enough to support us, my father-in-law has been helping but that is something we will have to pay dearly for later. I am overwhelmed because I can not afford to take a maturnity leave. This is my first child and I am full of all the concerns of labor and caring for a newborn and the thought of turning that over to a stranger is unbearable. We do not have anyone close that could help and those that are far are not able to come help for other reasons. My husband goes to school at night and during the day he goes to interviews or does consulting work on his own to try to produce some income. My husband has told me he feels like a failure so I can not discuss my feeling with him to much because I think it adds more pressure and he is already working on it from 5am to past midnight. I don't want to load my problems on family and friends because I do not want them to try to talk to my husband about it and make him feel worse. I feel very pregnant, hopeless and alone.

-jb
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2003 - 11:07am

Hi Jbconkle,

I'm sorry you're going through all this.

Calley7

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2003 - 8:45am
I don't know what part of the country you're in, but if there is a well-known, reputable placement/staffing agency that your husband can look into, that might help. I had been looking for a job for over a year on my own with no luck. Out of desperation, I signed up with a very popular agency, and had a job within 2 weeks, paying more than I had anticipated. The agency I was with placed everyone from mail room clerks to chemists and biologists to corporate executives. It may not be a permanent fix (although most temp-to-hire positions become permanent) but it's a way for your husband to make some good money quickly. Give it a shot. Good luck with your pregnancy. You are not alone, and you will get through this. Take care....