trouble at home

iVillage Member
trouble at home
Thu, 10-09-2003 - 1:18pm
hello , my name is Ashley, im new to this message board so maybe some of you can help me. Im 17 years old and ive been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. Chad is my emotional support and i love him to death. At home things have been rocky! First off my mom and her boyfriend fight constantly,do things that i dont approve of, and as of recently our power and gas has been turned off. my mom does not have a steady job , she cleans houses under the table, and her boyfriend puts siding up on houses, which just isnt cutting it (obviously). This really angers me because I work very hard at school and I work a full time job on top of that. I know that my boyfriend and I have the funds to get me out of the house, the thing is I dont want to burn bridges with my mom because dispite all of this I do love her. My dad has given Chad and I his blessing to move in together witch makes me feel good that he understands my feelings about staying with my mom. Everyone else Ive talked to has told me to not worry about what my mom thinks and leave to make better for my self. Im very confused and i want out of my mothers house becuase shes not making ends meet. I think I would be a much happier person if i left my house. So should I stay or leave, and how should i go about doing so without burning any bridges with my mom??

Thank you- Ashley

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-11-2003 - 11:39pm

Hi Ashley,

It sounds as though you're in a difficult situation.

Calley7

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2003 - 4:25pm
i dont know how i handle both , i guess i just dont think about it too much and just do it lol. As long as my grades are not sufering from it i dont mund puting in so mant hours at work.