QOTW 12-14-09

iVillage Member
QOTW 12-14-09
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 4:00pm

Is there any modern convenience or gadget that you think causes more stress than it's worth?

I personally think clocks in automobiles is a great stress generator.  You have an appointment and you keep looking at the clock.  You get stressed because you can see that you're cutting it close so you try to get there faster.  Problem is, stressing out isn't going to make that car ahead of you move faster, it won't make that light turn green faster and it won't make that train on the tracks get out of your way faster.  What it does do is make you hurry, do rediculous and dangerous things and you'll either be later than you need to because you'll be getting a ticket or you'll never make it at all because you're causing an accident.  I say ignorance is bliss and clocks in cars should be banned.  At least for me I've tried to cover mine up so I'm not tempted to look at it.

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_dlandry1
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 7:31pm

Personnally, although on one hand, the idea of weather radio's sounds good, I also know if I had one, since in bad weather times they seem to go on every few minutes...and those emergency alert sounds would trigger migraines every time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-14-2009 - 10:32pm
Yep...text messaging ...period for me. It's much easier to pick up the phone and call someone imo. Driving while texting is just insane to me. so in general texting is just a pain to me. I do it but I don't prefer it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 4:12pm
I have to say cell phones...period.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 5:54pm

I agree about cell phones.

Photobucket">