A cold is not equal among the sexes

iVillage Member
A cold is not equal among the sexes
Fri, 01-08-2010 - 5:05am

Sometimes I just don't understand my husband. He's very loving and caring but when he gets sick it's as if the world has just ended. 

I got sick last Friday and Saturday.  Headachy and tired so I slept most of Saturday but by Sunday morning I felt good.  Monday morning he announces he's sick.  He is and I can see it.  His head is stuffy, his nose looks like Rudolph and he walks around like the living dead. 

Normally I cook and he cleans up and does the dishes.  Since he's been sick he gets up from the table and I do his job.  I don't mind, I like taking care of him.  Yesterday morning I started getting the same symptoms he's had.   Now if I say my ear's starting to hurt I hear "I can relate"  If I say I'm tired and laying down "yeah, I'm tired too" Not asking how I'm feeling.  Then last night he says "if you don't feel up to cooking I can order a pizza"  OH.  If I don't feel like cooking we'll order out but if you don't feel like cleaning up I have to do it. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband with all my heart but why do men act like they're the only ones who are sick and why is it when they're sick it's worse than anything you've ever had. 

Photobucket">

Community Leader
Tue, 01-12-2010 - 8:43pm
My ex-fiancé was like this.
If you had it he had it ten times worse.
After my heart attack about a year and a half ago I realized he was the cause of major stress in my LIFE.
Since breaking off our engagement and then breaking up with him I am feeling so much better.
<3
I do think there is a double-standard though if they are sick we definitely have to cater to them but it's just not like that when it's the other way around.
Nightangel
Nightangel