Am I stressed?

iVillage Member
Am I stressed?
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 11:33pm

This is something I need help with. For over a month, I have been struggling with stomach pain. It's been causing some issues with my gastric health. I don't feel like I am under stress, but I am un-employed, unhappy with where I live, and I am living with my parents and 2 younger sisters. I am 26 years old, and am seriously worried about what is wrong with my stomach. I have seen a Dr., who thinks I have constipation. I am under a lot of pressure to find a job (which I would LOVE to have), but I live in an area with a massive amount of unemployment (not unlike the whole country), so the stress of that makes me crazy.

Am I just wondering, do you think I am stressed? Or am I just crazy?

Any advice or thoughts you have would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

iVillage Member
In reply to: ocnlvr1983
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 8:33pm

Welcome to the Stress & Woman Board.

Stress can manifest itself in various ways in our bodies.

Photobucket">

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:35pm
You need to get that stomach checked out. It may be ulcer.
Glitter Graphics

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-06-2010 - 12:51am

I'm late responding, but I just found this board. Have you been checked for IBS (Iritable Bowel Syndrome)? It can be controlled with diet and excercise. I was also having stomach pains and thought I might have an ulcer, but after seeing my doctor and going over all of my symptoms I was diagnosed with IBS. Stomach pains and feelings of constipation are signs of IBS.

It's been a month since you posted so I hope you have been able to find relief and find out what is wrong with you.

Photobucket