Just need to vent...thanks in advance

iVillage Member
Just need to vent...thanks in advance
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 8:45am
The stress is really getting to me my 17 yr old son is going away to school to another state in July and Im dealing with him leaving and having a really hard time with it. Plus hrs at work are slow so that makes a short paycheck unless I supplement with vacation hrs to make up for when we are done early. Who wants to waste all their vacation leaving early.
Then my marriage aint what it should be we are basically living like roommates and that makes things very tense here. I love him dearly but the way things are are my fault and don't know what to do about it.
And now my husband is having trouble at work and in jeopardy of losing his job. There is this lady that does the same job he does except he has more duties than her and they don't get along cuz she is always trying to cause trouble for him which sometimes work but when he reports something she has done they want him to just let it go and tell him to just get along with her he trys to stay completely away from her but she is always turning up where he is at and did that the other day and said some things to him she shouldn't of and he reported it to protect himself he had witnesses and she admitted to saying it all but they want him to just forget it or he may lose his job how fair is that? They don't want to cause waves with her because she is a lesbian and they don't want to be accused of discrimination. This is not the reason they dont get along it is because she slacks off all day and they put half her work on him. And this is a union shop.
Then of course the stress of not having enough money to go around.
Sorry to be so long winded but just needed to vent. Thanks.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2010 - 10:47pm

I can understand everything you're feeling.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 10:09am

It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, I'm sorry for the stress you are under.

I had a few thoughts for you, I don't know if you've tried any of these or not, but I was reading this article about how to Keep Your Stress In Check and it talks about keeping a stress journal.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 10:14am

I'm so glad you have your children and a caring support system during this difficult time in your life.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2010 - 4:40pm
Thank you for the replies. I am a little better today although the stress is still there I am surviving. I know my son will do ok when he goes away and probably will do him a world of good he will mature which he needs and he knows we will always be here if he needs.
Still not sure what going on with husband at work they had meeting at work yesterday and told to get along he told them he tries to avoid her which he does but they came out and told him he couldn't do that. He is not to leave room when she shows up...go figure.
moon6477 I am sorry that you are going through all this I hope things turn out well for you and glad you have family for support. I know I talk to my daughter when I need some emotional support although can't say too much cuz don't want her in middle of my husband and I's troubles.
cmamyd, I will check out those links. Thanks.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2010 - 2:29am
Can I just say...your husband needs you. Reinvent yourself. You yourself knows what you wanted to do for him when you first fell in love with him. So, make yourself do it again. Then after you do it a couple of times forced it will come natural. I know b/c I suffer from depression. When I do this it makes a huge difference in my life. As you can see I'm not lying b/c I'm up at 2:24 am in the morning b/c I can't sleep....lol. Seriously...you love your husband or you wouldn't be talking about his job the way you do. So, work on the you part of the problem. Remember how you would've shopped at Victoria's Secret when you were dating to make him happy. Do something like that now. What is the difference? Only difference is that he knows how to make you happy and yet at the same time he doesn't. So, reinvent your love for each other. I think people get lost in what is familiar. If we'd all just remember how we felt at the beginning then life would always stay great.
Tracey
Tracey
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 9:15pm

Tracey...That's great advice.

Photobucket">