Techniques to Stop Stressing
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 05-11-2010 - 10:18pm|
There's an article on the iVillage home page 100 Simple Ways to Improve Your Health Now.
Part of that article is about Stress. Did you know too much stress can lower your immune system and shorten your life span? The article continues with 10 tips to manage life's stressors.
1. Try deep breathing exercises.
2. Drink a cup of tea every dayâ€”research shows even caffeinated black tea can help lower stress.
3. Turn negative thinking around.
4. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of whole grains and fruits and vegetables, and cut back on sugar and alcohol.
5 . Figure out what stresses you out so you can make changes.
6. Take time off from workâ€”even a weekend out without doing any work can be restorative.
7. Focus on what your doing now, not what you have to do later.
8. Exercise to work out your stress.
9. Keep a journal.
10. Learn to meditate.
Have you tried any of these and have they worked? Is there anything not listed that works for you?